Avery Elizabeth, 1 week old
It is a privilege and joy to be Avery's mom. As I'm writing this, I was reminded of Luke 2:52, "And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men." Avery asked Jesus into her heart when she was 5 years old, and since that time I have seen her grow in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men. I am proud (in a joyful way!) that she loves God and seeks to please Him with her life. Christ's light shines brightly in Avery!

Avery's 5th birthday, 2005. Ella was 3 years old
As we celebrate the life of Avery today, I am thinking of the many ways that God has uniquely gifted her and made her special. Some things that come to my mind are:
Avery's 5th birthday, 2005. Ella was 3 years old
As we celebrate the life of Avery today, I am thinking of the many ways that God has uniquely gifted her and made her special. Some things that come to my mind are:
- Avery is a sensitive and thoughtful friend. She knows, without any words, when someone is sad or hurting and reaches out to them. She is a good encourager
- Avery is a good judge of character. She chooses her friends wisely, looking to spend time with other girls who treat people with kindness and respect
- Avery is a great swimmer, pianist, author and actress. She excels in all of these activities and loves to practice her skills whenever she can. She is looking forward to more swimming lessons in June and the opportunity to "star" in 101 Dalamatians this summer. Her written stories are ongoing and she would love to publish all of them someday! Next year in 4th grade she will add violin lessons and orchestra to her list of activities.
- Avery is an excellent teacher. She loves to play school and has a willing student in her little sister, Ella. Avery teaches Ella everything she knows from 3rd grade. It is no wonder that Ella is often a few steps ahead of her class :)
- Avery loves to spend quiet time with God. She created her own "devotions box" that includes her Bible, prayer cards, Awana book, journal, scripture memory cards and colored pens (to make it all look pretty!). She often ends her time by telling me, "I love to do my devotions!" SIDE NOTE: Her little devotions box sits right next to my devotions basket. She chooses to sit in the exact spot on the couch where I have my quiet time. Eric just smiles and says, "I wonder where she gets that from?" :)
- Avery is a hard working student and good example for the other kids in her class. She started public school this year -- a big transition to go into a new class, make all new friends, and adjust to a new environment and teaching style. She has done great! Her teacher commented on her most recent report card, "Avery works to do her best on each activity. Avery always follows directions... I have used Avery's behavior choices as examples for other students to follow"
Avery Elizabeth on her 9th birthday.
She received a trundle bed on which two of her dolls can sleep. She decided that the third would sleep on a sleeping bag and they could take turns :)
Thank you, God, for creating Avery!


1 comment:
I love your birthday post - in fact it brought tears to these eyes. It's so great to see God in our kids isn't it? I thought it was cool that you mentioned the verse in Luke. We made a b'day plate that we use on birthdays and I put that verse around the rim of the plate. So fun to see Avery growing up spiritually and physically! Love the devo basket like mommy! You will def. be passing on AMAZING organizational skills!!! I miss you! ps thanks for my card - that was SO sweet of you!
Post a Comment