Sunday, April 5, 2009

HOLY WEEK -- Sunday

I love the week leading up to Easter! In my family growing up, we always called it Holy Week, so that's how I still think of it. As in previous years, we will spend some family time, every day this week, focusing on Jesus' final days on earth and doing some special activities to help remember and celebrate who He is and the price that He paid for our sin.

Today is Palm Sunday. We had an AWESOME morning in HighPoint and the first ever Family Pack. What a privilege to be able to worship and serve together -- Eric, me, Avery, Ella and close to 100 other families, plus dozens of leaders and volunteers. Truly a celebration that honored Jesus as our King!
This afternoon we started our week of family devotions. Ella read from her Bible the story of Jesus' triumphant entry into Jerusalem. Our activity today was to create a "Praise Tree". Each of us received two leaves and wrote prayers of praise on them. After we prayed them out loud, we fastened them to the tree. We will add more leaves to our tree in another activity later this week.




1 comment:

Melissa said...

Great idea! I will have to remember this one. I had such a blast at Family Pack!!! I can't wait for the next one :).