Tuesday, January 27, 2009

THE 10 MOST REDEEMING FILMS OF 2008

Today I found a very cool take on movie awards. ChristianityTodayMovies.com announced its picks for the 10 Most Redeeming Films of 2008, highlighting the best movies of the year with meaningful stories of redemption. Eric and I are always looking for a good movie to rent, but find it hard to sort out the good from the bad.

I was excited to see that my latest favorite movie, Slumdog Millionaire, made the list. This movie is hard to watch (graphic scenes of violence and extreme poverty), but so thought-provoking and challenging. In addition, you'll see some great kid/family movies on the list that are entertaining for everyone (we all loved Wall-E!).

If you live in our area, I highly recommend the online library system. If you don't want to travel to a specific branch to pick up the DVD, you can reserve it and have it delievered to the branch of your choice for just $.50! Or Redbox has many of these flicks for just $1.00. Happy watching!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I have heard so much positive feedback about that movie Slumdog Millionaire and all the nominations/awards, but after reading your comments on it too I know I definitely want to see it. That was a good list of movies! Thanks for sharing!