Sunday, August 3, 2008

O HAPPY DAY, HAPPY DAY!

One of my new favorite songs is written by Steve Fee. The lyrics go like this:

Oh happy day, happy day
You washed my sin away
Oh happy day, happy day
I'll never be the same
Forever I am changed

This is the perfect theme song for the day we had today. At 10:00 am we participated in the groundbreaking for our new 700 seat worship center. It has been awesome to see how God provided over 3 million dollars for this building -- all from the sacrifice of people who love Jesus and want others to know His love too. The perimeter of our new sanctuary was outlined in white on the ground and shovels were placed around the border. Mayor Duffy was present, along with a couple of news crews, and after some praise songs we each had the opportunity to dig into the ground, beginning the foundation for our new worship center. I am bummed that I forgot my camera -- the image of Avery and Ella digging in the ground was beautiful!
Later in the day we gathered at the lake for our annual "Church at the Beach" celebration.

The line of people out in the water include the 13 adults and kids who were baptized, as well as the people who baptized them.
Our neighbor, Anaja and Cousin Kelli came with us. It was amazing!
Truly a Happy Day in every way. We loved singing praises to God in a gorgeous place that He created and listening to the stories of 13 people who've given their lives to Jesus. I've included a few photos, but you can see the album if you click here. O happy day, happy day!

No comments: