Sunday, July 20, 2008

MARION'S BROCCOLI SALAD

My mom has a great recipe that she has passed along to my sisters and I. Through the years, we have shared the directions to make this awesome dish with our friends and families. Today I was asked again to share the "secret", so here it is!

MARION'S BROCCOLI SALAD
2-3 stalks of broccoli -- cut up & discard stems
1/2 lb. cooked & crumbled bacon
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup golden raisins

Combine the following and mix with other ingredients:

1 cup Miracle Whip
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. apple cider or white vinegar


Here is my mom, Marion, with 5 of her granddaughters. The Tillis family produces a lot of girls!

P.S. I added one extra ingredient that was not in my mom's original recipe. Can you guess which one it is??

No comments: