Thursday, July 24, 2008

MAKING DO

Last week the girls and I went to see "Kit Kittredge: An American Girl" at the theater. We all loved it! The movie is set in 1934, during the Great Depression, and we had some good talks about how life was different then and the many things that we can take for granted.

Grandpa & Grandma Connor have been visiting and yesterday Avery and Ella decided that they were going to "decorate" Grandma and me.

They used "weaving loops" (the kind that you can weave into potholders on little looms). In fact, I believe this particular bag was Eric's when he was a little boy :)

Anyway, at the end of the "decorating", Avery said "I did a good job making do with what we have" This was a direct quote from Kit Kittredge. I guess she learned an important lesson, albeit an interesting life application!

No comments: