
I just found a GREAT Christmas CD! I purchased "Snow" by Go Fish for the girls, but I love it for me and have already listened to some of the songs repeatedly. There are a variety of familiar Christmas songs (done in the Go Fish guys acapella style), but my two favorites are "It's About the Cross" and "My Jesus I Love Thee" (not even really a Christmas song). "It's About the Cross" is amazing -- the gospel is very clearly laid out in a way that kids can understand. You can watch/listen to it here
The bridge and final chorus goes like this:
The beginning of the story is wonderful and great
But it's the ending that can save you and that's why we celebrate
It's about the cross
It's about my sin
It's about how Jesus came to be born once
So that we could be born again
It's about God's love
Nailed to a tree
It's about every drop of blood that flowed from Him when it should have been me
It's about the stone
That was rolled away
So that you and I could have real life someday
So that you and I could have real life someday
It's about the cross
But it's the ending that can save you and that's why we celebrate
It's about the cross
It's about my sin
It's about how Jesus came to be born once
So that we could be born again
It's about God's love
Nailed to a tree
It's about every drop of blood that flowed from Him when it should have been me
It's about the stone
That was rolled away
So that you and I could have real life someday
So that you and I could have real life someday
It's about the cross
It's about the cross
I HIGHLY recommend this CD. And I got it for Just $5 at Alpha & Omega. Merry Christmas my friends, a couple of months early :)
1 comment:
Wow - I just listened/watched this on You Tube and kept crying because of the powerful message - both the words and the pictures. I'm blown away once again by what our Savior has done for us! And perfect timing, because i've been working on our plan for the Advent Season, so I added this link to view with the kids (multiple times, I'm sure) during the season. Thanks for sharing!!!
Post a Comment