Monday, July 13, 2009

TREASURE OF JESUS


I recently discovered the song, Treasure of Jesus, by one of my favorite Christian singer/song-writers, Steven Curtis Chapman. The words are simple, but so profound. I have been listening to it over and over, considering what my life would look like if I really applied these principles every day, moment by moment. The lyrics say:

What can I do
How can I live
To show my world
The treasure of Jesus

What will it take
What could I give
So they can know
The treasure He is

And if I can sing
Let my songs
Be full of His glory
If I can speak
Let my words be full of his grace
And if I should live or die
Let me be found
Pursuing this prize
The One that alone satisfies
The treasure of Jesus

As with all of his songs, SCC based these lyrics on Scripture. This particular song was inspired by Matthew 6:21, Matthew 13:44 and Philippians 3:7-9 If you would like to listen to the music, you can hear the song here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Song.... and yes, I too wonder what my life would or could be like if I truly devoted and lived every moment to Jesus! Really makes you reflect!Thank you SO much for sharing this, Maria. I needed to hear this today :-)
With Love!
Jackie

Susanna said...

GREAT words - and I actually have this CD already! I need to listen to it again - more closely. Thanks for the reminder. :)